Monday, January 3, 2011

Progress.

It seems like everyone is talking about their New Year's resolutions and all this talk has got me thinking about my own resolutions.  To be honest, I don't really make resolutions--by February I forget what I promised myself I would try to improve.

2011 is going to be about moving forward: I begin my last semester of college, I begin the search for a job, I graduate from college, I move out of my college apartment--leaving behind 3 of the best roommates I could have ever asked for, and most importantly I'm getting married!  And it's hard to believe that all those things are going to happen before July!

This year I've decided that rather than make a resolution, I'm going to choose something to focus on this year.

Progress.

I want to focus on progress in these areas:
  • Prepping myself to be the best wife I can be.
  • Money management. 
  • My job search and ultimately my career.
  • My health.
  • My faith.
Right now I'm finding it really easy to get discouraged.  I'm a huge planner and right now it feels like I can't plan for much.  KOTR and I have no idea where we'll be living after our wedding and I have no idea if I'll get a job.  Those two things are proving to be extremely stressful.  I'm hoping that by focusing on progress I will be able to focus on the steps that I'm taking to get to where I ultimately want to be.  With a some hard work and faith I just need to trust that everything will work out!

2011 is going to bring so many new and exciting things.  I want to make sure that I focus on moving forward and bettering myself this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment