Sunday, June 6, 2010

crazy morning.

Wow. This morning just hasn't gone as planned.

I was supposed to be at work this morning for my job at Campus Rec at 7:30. I wasn't happy about having to be awake that early, but I woke up at 6:30 ready to take on the day. I found out last night that the reason I had to be at work so early was Sylvia Hatchell's Woman's Basketball Camp. The campers weren't going to get to the gym until 8:00, so I decided I'd get to work around 7:45. In theory, that would give me plenty of time to unlock all the doors and turn on all the lights in the gyms.

Welllll.....

I barely got everything done before the campers arrived.

I couldn't get the master keys out of this stupid thing:

Ugh. What a damper that dumb thing put on my morning. [Can y'all tell I'm just a little bitter?!?]

I guess it wasn't all bad. It could have been worse. The guy running the camp was really nice and understanding. He even tried to get the box to open.

I called the Campus Police and luckily they were able to get everything done for me.

I was so irritated about that lock box, so I was determined I was going to get it open before my boss had to come in and do it for me. [Knowing my luck, he'd have come in and gotten it open right away.] I kept working and working [and maybe swearing] at it, and I finally got that darn thing opened.

...And all this happened before 9:00.

It's going to be a long shift, but I have this...



to look forward to this afternoon!!

2 comments:

  1. At least you're rewarding yourself when you get off!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me about it! It's the only thing getting me through this shift! :)

    ReplyDelete