Monday, June 14, 2010

work, work, work, all day long.

I've been so preoccupied listening to the wedding bells in my future that I haven't updated y'all on my job for the summer!

For those of you that know me, you know I was VERY stressed about not having a job.  I put in tons and tons of applications, and I am happy to say that I FINALLY GOT AN INTERVIEW with this company:

I left the interview feeling a little less than confident, but I hoped for the best nonetheless.  They said I would hear something within about a week and a half, and I'll just be real honest, I was a nervous wreck.  I was so worried that I wasn't going to have a job for the summer!

On Friday, May 14 [yes I know I'm a little late updating the blog, don't rub it in too much] KOTR and I were getting ready for our good friends J and K's wedding when I got a phone call.  I GOT THE JOB!  Wooo Hooo!  I can't even begin to describe how excited I was!  And to top it off, we headed to one of the best weddings I've been to in a while!


J and K's carriage ride right after the ceremony....aren't they so cute!?!

Sidenote: J is going to be KOTR's best man!  I am so thankful to have such wonderful friends like J and K.  They have been so welcoming and friendly to me...they will never know how much I appreciate them!

Alright, back to the job...even though it's not nearly as much fun to talk about as weddings! :)

Today marks the start of my third week at work and I'm finally getting settled.  I'm finally getting used to working in a huge building with what seems like a gazillion people!  I feel sort of like I'm a character in the movie Office Space because I spend the majority of my day in a cubicle. 

I still need to spruce up my area, but they'll be shifting me around within the next couple of weeks, so I plan on taking in pictures and a Carolina pom-pom as soon as I get settled!

I'm working as part of their Marketing team, more specifically with their Program Management team.  At first I was worried because I didn't know anything about the products they make, but it's getting easier.  I've learned the basics..and for those of you that are wondering...Schneider makes a lot of things for and related to industry automation systems.

It's right up my alley.  The Program Managers basically delegates tasks to a "team" that is focused on one end goal, whether it be a promotional event or a product launch.  They also oversee parts of the project and do a lot of communicating between the members of the team.  They do other stuff too, but I figured y'all don't really care that much! ;)

Keep me in mind over the summer.  I'm praying that something good comes out of this summer job!

1 comment:

  1. You sound so enthusiastic as you're describing it! I'm very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete