Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Seriously?!?! Are You Kidding Me?!?!

Woah! Today has been one of those crazy days full of ups and downs.

I got to work early today for a meeting, only to find out I didn't actually need to be there.  I was pretty upset about it because I could have slept at least 45 minutes longer this morning.  I didn't have much to do this morning, so time went by so slowly!  However, when the afternoon rolled around I was a busy little bee!

At work I'm putting together a survey and spent the majority of my busy afternoon working on it.  I normally leave work right at 5:00, but I really wanted to get to a good stopping point with the survey, so I hung around the office a little later than I normally do.

I got in the car to drive home and the radio was still tuned to NPR from my morning commute and there was an interesting story being broadcast, so I decided to leave it on for a little while.  I am so thankful I did because the traffic report came on as I was driving down I-540, just a few miles before I was about to exit to I-40.  I-40 was totally shut down in Durham County due to a bomb threat near Southpoint Mall.

I immediately hit the detour button on my GPS, was rerouted, and was pleasantly surprised.  The detour was only going to tack on 8 extra minutes.  I could totally handle that.

Well the GPS was wrong, and I mean big time wrong.  Apparently everybody and their brother thought it would be a great idea to take the same detour I was taking.  It took me 2 freaking hours to get back to CH tonight.  I wanted to rip my hair out by the time I finally got home.

And y'all want to know the best part?  Later I found this on a local news station's website, "Acting Assistant Chief of Durham Police, Captain D.C. Allen, said the device was actually foam tubing with white tape and bungee cord around the top. Police think it may have come from a boat; possibly some sort of a buoy."

Are you kidding me?!?!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment